Who knows what will come of this post, it's been so long. I have thought to make many posts but never have so this may be nothing or it may be everything :)
At the moment I am typing from my new Samsung Galaxy Note! A birthday present from my hubby, whom I love. And coincidentally, Ilove this tablet, too! I broke out the bluetooth keyboard we got with it for the first tiem today and that's what I'm typing on now. Ido like it quite a bit! My favorite feature of the Note though is the handwriting mode where Ican write using the stylus and it will transcribe my handwriting to text, or optionally keep handwritten notes in a memo pad, etc. It's pretty great!ihate touch screen keyboards so this is a perfect setup for me. Though Istill have my heart set on an Asus TaiChi it will probably be awhile before Iget something like that.
The latest change in our family this year has been our new budget. We are actually sticking to it and re-evaluating it each month so we can meet some financial savings goals. It's hard! $100 month on groceries goes fast, as does our very minimal budget for what we call "flex"money. Which is basically anything other than necessities so date nights, activities for Thomas, babysitter fund, etc It's been hard but I am sure it will be worth it in the long run and it is exciting to have goals together and an end goal in mind.
As far as other things go, we have for the most part gotten settled in to our new home. There are still a lot of things Ineed to figure out places for, some rooms that need curtains (new budget isn't helping with that!), some furniture and decor items Iwould like when we have some money leftover for that, etc, but it's pretty good. Iam still amazed that we rarely use the basement it's so odd to me to have an entire downstairs bathroom, bedroom, and living area in our house that gets little to no use. It is such a vast change from before. Iam working on making it more useable as well though and I"m sure when the weather warms up we will spend more time down there as we keep the vents closed so as not to heat the basement when nobody's in there so it is a bit chilly.
I had a doctor's appointment today to address some health concerns I've had for the past few months-year. Nothing major but some things that seem to be getting worse rather than improving and health problems grow tiresome so Ithought it best to bite the bullet and go to the doctor. He suggested my migraines and other symptoms seem to indicate a hormone inbalance of some kind and his suspicion was low progesterin (Ihope Ispelled that correctly). He said this could also be why Ihaven't gotten pregnant yet despite not being on birth control for years, as progesterin levels are supposed to spike during ovulation and then continue to increase with pregnancy. He said it's likely Icould have gotten pregnant but when my levels droppped instead of spiked it would continuously cause a very early miscarry. Idon't know for sure if this is the case but if it is that means when Istart taking the supplements it should help with my headaches (which are quite frequent and often intolerable) as well as increase my likelihood to conceive.
He also said Ishould start taking some Omega 3's and such and it should also improve the headaches. And of course, to eat more regularly and try to replace some carbs with more protein to help my energy levels.
It shouldn't seem like such hardwork to eat but for me it seems a little daunting. I'm used to skipping breakfast, eating lunch sometimes, and having a little for dinner. It will be very strange to start eating all three meals a day with snacks. I am sure it will help quite a bit with the health and Ikeep telling myself it will be better in the long run. My goal isn't really to be super skinny Ijust want to be fit and if Iintend to continue working out (which I do) the additional protein can only help, right? Still eating more feels counterproductive to my weight loss goals so I need to work on getting over that. Plus, it will be hard to find the time and energy to eat regularly so Iknow that will be another challenge. Most mornings it's easier to take eating time to nap instead!
I'm still grateful though to have some answers and a game plan. Ithink today Iam going to sit out and see if Ican schedudle some easy meals- hard boil some eggs in advance for last minute breakfasts, grill some chicken strips and bag them to grab for lunch when needed, find some good snacks like nuts (but hopefully a less pricey alternative) and try it for aweek and see how it goes.
Iguess I should also be excited at the more promising prospect of a pregnancy, too. And Iguess Iam, Imean it's not like Idon't want any more children Ijust feel weird about it. Like maybe it's not the right time or something. But I've always been a big believer that things happen when theyre meant to happen and so I'm sure everything will work out there as it should.
Ican't really think of anything else new or interesting going on in my life... Thomas is growing every day and his absolute favorite thing to do is puzzles. He is always excited about a new puzzle or similar project/game to discover. I'm trying to find some other activities Ican get him interested in but books don't hold his interest for very long and neither do songs or music so we shall see. He does love board games but it is a pain to play with him with all the little pieces and finding games that are appropriate for his age level. Idid get Operation and Cootie for him and am saving them as Easter presents. I suspect he will enjoy these quite a bit.
Ihave been working on more invitations and announcement projects lately which Iam excited about! My domain is due to expire soon though and Inever really got the website up. I'm not sure if I"m going to renew it. Ithink Imay start with a Facebook page and see if Iget more business and then go from there.
That's all I've got for now! Thomas and I are headed out to Costco- we need to get new tires on the car and Thomas loves walking around and getting samples while we wait hah
Oh Iforgot to mention they also mentioned the possbility of something with my blood sugar since Ifeel weird when Idon't eat but then really weird when Ido eat, etc so they took a blood test for that and we will see where they get with those results.
Another doctor also wanted to get me an ultrasound to check for gall stones or something but Ihaven't scheduled that yet... I'm hoping I won't need to.
posted @
No comments:
Post a Comment