11.17.2009

I'm an idiot

So the other day Tommy was acting different and I thought maybe he wasn't feeling well. I took his temperature in his armpit with the thermometer they gave us at the hospital but it said 98.7 or something so I was like okay I guess...

well... turns out, if you're taking the temperature in the armpit, anything 98.6 or above IS a fever! *facepalm* I checked his temperature again today- this time with a paci-thermometer and it was totally normal but I still feel horrible.

I knew something was wrong, I should have trusted my gut. Poor baby :(

In other news, I'm not really doing the whole keep the baby indoors until his shots very well. I want to keep him away from people and sickness, but I also need to go to the store and buy milk storage bags, and just get out.

Yesterday, we took a trip to Babies R Us for said milk storage bags and I decided to also get him some more clothes since the little guy is growing so fast! According to my scale at home he's 9 pounds now! And too tall for his newborn clothes, we've officially graduated to 0-3 monthers and I might even buy size 2 diapers for night time soon.

It was soo nice to get out of the house! We had a good time and Tommy always seems to sleep better and seem so much more content when we go out as opposed to days when we're stuck in the house. I just wish it wasn't so cold outside! Otherwise we could go for daily walks and stuff. Unfortunately the weather will just get worse before it gets better and I've still got a month before Thomas gets his immunizations.

On Thursday this girl is coming over to take pictures. Technically they're supposed to be "newborn" pictures but I screwed up his newborn pictures so now I'll have to try and pass off 3 1/2 week old pictures as newborn pictures. Anyway, then on Friday and getting other pictures done too which I'm totally excited about. I get pictures for free a lot just by looking on ksl and craigslist and finding photographers with good deals. In this case, the photographer usually charges but since she doesn't have a lot of experience with baby pictures she is going to do them for free. Woo-hoo! So even though she doesn't have a lot of experience and the pictures end up sucking, all it costs me is gas from driving up to Karen's place (she lives closer to there so I decided to meet her). Which is fine with me because I'd probably go visit Karen anyway.

Once I get the pictures I'll be designing my baby announcements and sending them off with thank you cards!! I decided to send the announcements and thank yous out at the same time, I hope that's not tacky, I just figured it would be much more convenient.

That's all for now... until my next stupid moment or something awesome happens i guess. :P I'm trying to do better at updating this thing, we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Karen Rich said...

You're doing fine and so is Tommy! Really... he is and is going to be just fine :)