1.16.2010

Let's Talk Dirty... ...Diapers

I was at the store a few weeks ago and noticed Luvs diapers were a lot less than the Huggies I usually buy. I also had forgot my Huggies' coupons at home and the Luvs had a money-back guarantee so I figured what the hell, I'd give it a try.

Luvs diapers were definitely a fail for me. I mean they worked every now and then but in my opinion the cons outweighed the pros.

Let's review...






+-
cheaper than Huggiesweird smell that masks "poop" smell making it hard to figure out if diaper is dirty
okay absorbencyleak out the leg holes
paper thin and not soft for baby's butt
some of the diapers had little tears in them- I hated how papery they were


Yeah, I'm sticking with Huggies. Tommy got a diaper rash that was hard to get rid of with the Luvs but now that I'm using Huggies again it's all better, they are so much softer in comparison to the other diapers.

Anyway, just putting my two cents out there on the whole matter. We'll be paying the extra $2 for Huggies from now on! Oh and one more thing, the Luvs are deceiving haha. Maybe it's just me but it seemed the first 5 diapers worked really well and the rest all sucked. They probably put the good ones on top to lure the consumer into a false sense of security or something ha.

3 comments:

✩Molly✩ said...

Seriously! I am always amazed when people can handle diapering their babies with LUVs! I always thought i might want to try cloth diapers, but my husband was very against that idea...

and Huggies are the best... way better than pampers... also true of PullUps.

Karen Rich said...

I warned you! I hope you'll listen to me now

babyhellfire said...

I used to prefer Luvs or papmers - they seemed to fit my baby better.
BUT - I doo remember that weirdo applesauce smell everytime she wet her diaper ,so odd.
Huggies never fit her right and I hated the tabs- i guess just her body type EXCEPT huggies supreme which seemed to run a half size smaller and cost twice as much.. but i did like those.

I did use cloth on rare occasion it was nice and I do beleive it helped her to potty train.
ahh. the things you don't forget Rory is almost 5 :O