3.19.2010

Baby

I have a sleeping baby on my lap and I'm scared to move for fear that he will wake up. As of late I've been doing good with making sure naptime with mommy is not a regular thing, and I really think it's helping him fall asleep better. Before he would only sleep with me and while some days, snuggling with Tommy is nice, I need to make sure he can be on his own. It's hard to put him down and walk away to let him sleep when I really just want to cuddle with him, but it's much worse when I am trying to get things done and he just won't let me put him down. So for his sake, and mine, I'm trying to let go.
It's a little sad because I know this little baby snuggly time only lasts for so long and I want to just soak it all up but the child is just too clingy, and if I don't change things it's not going to get any better. I motivate myself by thinking of the wussy, push over kids I've met that need their mom to do EVERYTHING. It is good motivation, trust me!

That being said, things have been going pretty well, but for the past few days at around 2pm almost every day, child just screams and screams for no apparent reason. It's starting to really take it's toll on me. He's not tired, hungry, or dirty, and I'm pretty sure he's not teething. He just gets unhappy. Which is really sad for me because usually he is cheerful and giggly and smiley. The only solution to this apparent tantrum (not sure what else to call it) is the car. So I grab him, stick him in the car seat and all of a sudden he's okay. On Wednesday we went to Target, he did cry a little once we were in the store but I gave him a toy to play with and he seemed content after that. Yesterday, we got lunch and met Jack at work. I just needed to be around other people, who can actually talk. I don't know why Tommy si going through this, but I hope he gets passed it soon.

He is good playing on his own for a little while but then needs to be held. I guess as long as he's alright on his own for a little bit each day it's okay, I can't expect him to be just fine playing by himself all day long, nobody wants that.

I'm really happy because I got the promotion I wanted at work :) It's only an extra $2 an hour (really like $1 since I get a shift differential) but it's still a raise, and it's nice because I get to do more stuff. That's the main appeal of the position to me, even if the pay rate was the same, I'd still be happy I got the position.

Today is one of my most favorite days- Friday. Although it's not really the weekend for me (I work on Saturday), I get paid, and Jack gets home from work early. This makes me very happy . Today I'm going to try to go to the temple when he gets off work, which will be nice because I haven't been in awhile but the last time I was there I had a really good experience. I've always had difficulty with praying and getting answers to feel what decision is right and stuff like that, but I've gotten better at it and I've realized I think much more clearly and the answer is much more apparent to me when I'm in the temple.

Anyways, that about sums it all up for now. I'll leave you with some pictures of Tommy that Laurel took the other day:


4 comments:

Kim said...

Such a cutie you have!

Karen Rich said...

dimples! ADORABLE dimples!

Kelli-wa said...

i haven't seen your blog in so long, but tommy's getting so big! he's adorable AJ!

Kelli-wa said...

i haven't seen your blog in so long, but tommy's getting so big! he's adorable AJ!