So I know I haven't posted in forevers but time has just flown by!
One thing that is new, among a list of many many new things, is that I am now in charge of mine and Jack's budget. (yay!) We started this in January and so far so good. Basically, we use Jack's paycheck to do all the bills and groceries, and my paycheck for our extras. We each have our own credit cards so we set how much money we are each going to spend and that's that.
It's so nice to buy whatever I want without thinking Jack is going to wonder why I spent my money on it. And it's so nice to have Jack buy whatever he wants without getting upset at him for wasting all his money on eating out. We both stick to our budgets, and as long as it is within our budget, we buy whatever we want!
Of course there are some occasional bumps, like Jack needing new brake something or others (rotors maybe?) in his truck. That cost us like $300 but since we budgeted to have extra money each month just in case, we were able to take care of it. I'm really excited with how things are going and letting our savings slowly but surely add up.
In other good news, we finished our taxes and I'm so glad we used Turbo Tax! It was super easy, we didn't have to pay an accountant (waste of money in my opinion) and we're getting an awesome refund- thanks to having a baby :) Well my dad thinks we should be getting more than the amount we're getting, but it's the most Jack or I have ever gotten on a tax return so we're excited. Now we're just trying to decide if we should use the money towards our car payment (I don't want to, a new kitchen (I totally want to), or an addition on the house.
Only problem is if we do an addition on the house we really need to make sure we have enough money to do it and get some good estimates. I don't know if our little bonus this month is going to cover it- in fact, I'm pretty sure it won't so we'll see what we decide.
In other other news, I turned 22 on the 3rd. Happy Belated Birthday to me, yay! It really wasn't that exciting, I don't really few older or anything, but my parents gave me some money to buy some new clothes and my sister Karen gave me the make-up I've been wanting, and my sister Elizabeth paid for me to get a new hair-cut. So it was kind of a makeover birthday which is just what a new mom wants :) I'm feeling pretty good. And although I haven't really been working out much lately, I have dropped to below 130 pounds so I am officially below my pregnancy weight. Woot!
posted @
No comments:
Post a Comment