So I guess I'm using the fact that it's really early as an excuse to just sit and type on the computer instead. Thomas woke up around 6am today and I finally got him to sleep again but then he woke up at like 7:30 and WOULD NOT sleep. Ugh.
I ended up getting up, putting him in his playpen and trying to just sleep on the couch but it wasn't working out so great. After Jack left for work I could tell he was getting fussy again so I was finally able to put him back to sleep but by then there was no way I would be able to go back to bed. *sigh* So now he is catching up on those precious missed hours and I am here drinking Dr. Pepper trying to be alive for the day.
Today I hope, will be a good day.
Yesterday was pretty good. I went to Macy's and found out I had like $100.00 in gift cards which was a really awesome surprise because I was thinking it was something like $20.00 So I had a little shopping spree and got some clothes for summer.
I haven't heard anything back from the FSA people but I really REALLY hope they figure it out soon and do right by me. They have a really good rating on the BBB so I'm trying to stay hopeful.
I lost my car keys the other day, it was a nightmare because I was in freaking Cottonwood Heights which is like an hour from where I live. This girl from work was driving me home and then our supervisor called us ot tell us she had found them so we turned around to get them. At first I thought I had locked them in my car so I called the police department to break into my car for me and get them. Holy crap! There were like 6 cop cars there- not even exaggerating. It's comforting to know the police department of Salt Lake City doesn't have better things to do on a Saturday night except break into some girl's car *side eye*
I'm glad they came though, even though my keys ended up not being in my car but being underneath a keyboard in the office (whaaat?). I know, I could have sworn I checked it like a million times but isn't that the way things always go? Needless to say, I'm now looking into investing into AAA or getting a copy of my car keys made. I'd rather go with AAA I think because a car key is like $150.00 UGh.
Why are some things in life so expensive?
On the brighter side, I bit the bullet and booked a vacation for me and Jack. I spent more money than I wanted to but I think it's worth it. We need to just have some time together, just the two of us, and it wil be sooo nice to just relax for awhile after everything that has been going on.
I decided after this vacation which is going to be pretty much the vacation I've always wanted (hopefully) I can start planning a future trip. I want to take some time off of work and just go around the country visiting all the places where friends and family live, catching up and introducing them to my family, and taking Jack to all the cool sites in the states and places he has never been too. I think it will be really fun. And then maybe we can end our trip in Hawaii and go camping on the beach :) Except if we're going camping maybe we should wait until next year when Thomas is older. I don't know what it's going to be like traveling with a young child. It could be a nightmare so we'll have to wait and see how things go.
Working for an airline is nice :) Sometimes I get tired of the monotony of my job but then I remember all the great benefits I have from it and it's totally worth it. And now that I'm in a different department the things I do for work are a lot more involved and I have a lot more responsibilities which is nice and keeps me from being bored.
Well I guess I wrote enough to wake me up a bit (or maybe that Dr.Pepper is finally kicking in) so I'm going to try and clean up a bit since my house is a train wreck.
Peace/
posted @
No comments:
Post a Comment