7.29.2010

So this is life...

(I'm singing this to the tune of "So This Is Love" from Cinderella... da dee da dum...)

I'm feeling slightly inept at blogging at the moment since I just read my sister's blog and she made tons of updates all so cute and fun to read! It inspired me to write however, I'm still trying to think of what to write about.

The problem is, unlike her, I don't take nearly as many pictures. Maybe this is also why she is more talented at scrapbooking as well...

Speaking of scrapping though, I think I'm getting much better at it. Working on Thomas' scrapbook album has really been a joy. I do it in between calls at work, which is relaxing and helps keep me productive during the day. The only problem is the Pazzles machine (which I love!) does make a bit of sound while it's cutting so I have to save all of my cuts for after work or my break. No big deal though. I am so glad I bought that machine! It cost about as much as the Cricut but I feel it does so much more. Although, I believe the Pazzles pens fit in the Cricut, not sure how the software is in terms of adjusting pressure and speed, but maybe the Cricut could do similar things if it just had different inserts.

Anyway, I digress. So I was applauding myself for spending money on something and actually using it. YAY! Unlike some people who buy expensive computer monitors and then let them sit in the basement... lol. It's all good though, I am being sarcastic in a loving way... Jack puts up with enough of my crap to splurge every now and then. Even if the things he buys don't always seem practical.

Today Jack logged in to our bank account and was impressed by how much money we have saved up. I take this as approval of me taking over the bills etc., We still don't have a ton, but our goal is to save as much as we can to pay off our cars. If we can pay them off we will have an extra $600 a month which is huge! Then maybe we can have another baby... MAYBE!

Yesterday I asked Jack to rank in order the following things: 1) Buy A House 2) Get A Dog 3) Have Baby #2
(meaning the order he would like them to happen). I don't remember whether baby was before or after dog but house was number 1. My list was the same with baby being before dog. Then I asked him what order he thought those three things would happen in. He said, "Baby, House, Dog". I would really like a bigger house before we have another child though. We will see.

The reason talking about money made me think of this is because if we have more money, than maybe I wouldn't work, and I could stay home with our kids. However, I like my job. Especially the benefits so it's a tough call. I have pretty much finalized my schedule for September-January. It's pretty crazy (unfortunately I have to work on Sundays) but I made it crazy so i would have Tue-Fri off- vacation every week! Yea!

So in September I will be working:
Sun1000-1230
1630-2000
Mon1400-2000
TWTHF-OFF
Sat 0845-1045
1400-2000
2145-0145

Loong day on Saturday, but at least I do still have some breaks in between. I'm still trying to get rid of some hours and trade to split up Saturday on to Monday also but i'm really excited about the fact that we will only need a baby-sitter one day a week and I can spend more time with Thomas, we can actually eat dinner together as a family, and I can go visit New York without having to take time off of work.

Saturday felt like a vacation. We went to Lagoon for Jack's work party. I was a little bummed they wouldn't let Thomas on the merry-go-round because we didn't know he needed a ticket (he's 9months for goodness sakes!) but we still had a good time.

Thomas is happy anywhere Dad is.

 I know, I look pretty gross in that picture but don't worry. I have resolved to start working-out again regardless of if I decide to get a gym membership or not.  I found some P90X DVDs I was supposed to give to my sister way back when.  So, I've decided I am going to start this on Monday.  I know I should just start tomorrow, but we have a lot going on this weekend and considering I've been waking up at 7am and going to bed late, and waking up int he middle of the night to deal with a child who is getting FOUR teeth at the same time, I deserve a little weekend break.

We rented a pressure washer yesterday and got the paint off the house and cleaned it really well.  Tomorrow, I am getting the paint and primer and we are going to start painting!  I am BEYOND excited!  I have wanted to get our house painted for like 3 years now and we are finally doing it!  I will be sure to take before and after pictures (hopefully, if i remember).

For someone who didn't have anything to say, I guess this has turned into quite a long post... There is just one more thing.  A little THOMAS UPDATE.  He is taking more and more little steps, and I am sure he is going to start walking very soon.  Today, he covered his face with the blanket and pulled it down with a huge smile, as if to say, "peek-a-boo".  I played this game with him, letting him cover and uncover himself about 20 times in a row, it was soo fun! 
Then I said, "Thomas, go get your bottle" and he crawled over to his bottle and started drinking it!  He is understanding the things we do and say more and more and it is so amazing to watch him soak it all in and grow. 
He also had his 9months appointment yesterday and is still about the same, being taller than 20% of kids his age and thinner than 80% of kids his age.  Doctor says he's fine though, and we can start giving him milk at 10 months.  I am so excited for this, formula is getting so expensive!

Anyways, that's all for now.  Adios! 

1 comment:

Karen Rich said...

You know you're a good writer lady! And I must say if you say you look gross one more time I will come down there and force feed you. That's a promise.