8.06.2010

Other People

So lately I have been deleting tons of facebook friends from my account.  This is primarily because I don't see the point in having someone on my profile, seeing pictures of me and my family, especially my little boy, if I don't even talk to them anymore and probably never will talk to them again.  There are a few people however, that I used to be really close to, and so I keep them there, even though deep down I know we will never be friends again.

These are the people that make me sad.  To see the way they are living their lives now, when I know how they used to be, and I know they kind of person they really are, and are capable of being.  It's sad to see them push away from that, and continue to make bad decisions.  Especially since I was once in a situation like that, and my bad decisions got me to a very dark place in life that I wish no one else would ever experience. 

Maybe I keep them around because I hope one day they will change, I don't know.  I've thought of deleting them on numerous occasions but it just doesn't happen..  Oh well.  I've actually created a new facebook account where I will only add select people to.  I actually don't even know who I am going to add yet, so far the friend count is at 0 haha, but just knowing that I have that one there, that I could just erase everyone else and start new with that one is kind ofa  relief.  Not even sure why I care, I guess I just don't want clutter in my life, socially or physically, or whatever.

In other news :)  Thomas is growing so fast.  Otter Pops are like our teething baby cure-all.  He had like 3 yesterday haha.  But they help his teeth feel better and make him happy, so when he's upset and I know his teeth are bothering him I will give him one.  After all, the poor kid is cutting 4 teeth at once, I know I would be a lot grouchier than he is if that were me! 

I can't believe our Alaska trip is so close.  It still doesn't seem real to me.  We're traveling standby so maybe it won't be... but seriously, I hope we make it and can visit Jack's family and have a nice time there.  I need pictures of Jack's relatives for Thomas' scrapbook!  My family is dominating haha.  I guess that's what happens when your family lives so far away.

Anyway, Thomas just woke up so I'm going to go check on him.  Ciao!

1 comment:

betty said...

Not to be a nudge, or give unsolicited advice but I would look for an alternative to Otter Pops. They are AWFUL! All corn syrup and coloring. I can't imagine you really want your baby eating that...