5.19.2009

Hormones?

I don't know why, but after watching "Bride Wars" I cried for like 30 minutes. It's got to be hormones, i can't understand why else a movie that dumbb would make me cry.... seriously weird...

I'm really excited because yesterday I called my aunt and got the recipe to make empanadas! They're so yummy and the ones I made actually tasted REALLY close to the ones my abuelita used to make.




They were super delicious!! I've been eating them since last night haha. I can't wait to try making them again! And my aunt is sending me the recipe for the arepas too so I'm very excited to try that as well!

It's funny the things we take for granted when we're younger. I've been thinking a lot lately about the changes that happen as we get older.

For example, in high school, I was super insecure about everything. And of course i'm still unsure about myself in a lot of ways but not nearly as much as back then. And i would hear people say it's all part of growing up, but I was convinced that was just who I was and would be that way forever. I think younger people especially don't realize that when they get older, they really will be different people, or can be if they're willing to make that change.

So many of the things around us influence who we are and what we do. Not living at home has probably contributed to a lot of my personality changes, and it was so hard for me at first when I moved out here but I realize it's something everyone has to do. I think it's in peoples nature to resist change. I don't mean like change in the weather, i mean real hard, breaking a habit, learning a new language, becoming a new person change. It's hard! But in the end I really believe it's so worth it.

Of course now this whole entry is a bunch of broken thoughts that I haven't fully explained but at least in my mind I've been able to develop the thoughts fully and maybe the incomplete thoughts are better- because it will give you readers a chance to contemplate it yourself and come to your own conclusions.


<3

No comments: