12.09.2009

The Big "E"

So apparently at this age, babies vision is such that they can see the big "E" on the standard eye charts, and that's about it. Which is kinda funny because I just got my eyes tested the other day, and can pretty much only see the big E. So Tommy and I have about the same vision ha.

I went to the eye doctor the other day and he seemed very surprised that I drove myself to the appointment. My vision during the day really isn't that bad though. But if I have one eye covered it's really bad. On the bright side, my close up vision is way good, I could read all the way down to the last line.
Anyway, I ordered my glasses last week so should be getting them by Friday or early next week. Until them I'm on restricted driving. No driving at night :( Boo.

Jack was nice enough to drive me to my get together in Salt Lake last week though. It was nice to get out, and I met some moms who have an infant group (their kids are about 4 and 6 months I think) on Fridays. I can't wait till Tommy gets his shots (next week! Yay!) and I can go.

A little late but I have a picture from Thanksgiving:



Our Little Family <3

I know we all look really tired in that picture but we all are really tired!! Except maybe Jack, he gets a lot more sleep than I do.

It snowed on Sunday, boo. I really hate snow. But I had to go out and do a few things so I bundled Tommy up, and out we went. I think he looked really cute in his sweater:



We added a hat and mittens to keep him nice and warm. I'm not too worried about bundling him up too much because we're really just walking outside for a few minutes while I get him into the car and then to wherever we are headed. But as the weather continues to get colder, I may have to change this. He has this cute little bear snowsuit. It's sized 0-6 months but the thing is HUGE on him. I mean HUGE. His arms get completely swallowed up in the sleeves. Hopefully he grows fast so we get some use out of it. I'm sure it will fit him by January.

I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll see how that goes, and I lost another 6 pounds! So only 5 more pounds to go until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My goal is to lose another 5-10 pounds from there though because I had put on a few pounds before I got pregnant.

The next few weeks are going to go by so fast, which is a little sad because that means I go back to work soon. : (
But I'm still looking forward to everything. Doctor's appointments and Tommy's shots this week and next, getting my new glasses, Christmas (Yay), New Year's.

Thomas' baby blessing is going to be the first Sunday in January... which reminds me, I should probably put the word out about that. I wonder if you're supposed to invite people other than family to such a thing? I dunno. Anyone is welcome to come, but I won't take it personally if you don't. Besides, our church meets at like 9am- if it were your kid I probably would skip it just so I could sleep. :P

Anyway, then Jack said we're going to start working on the stuff around the house. We're FINALLY going to install the new cabinets in the hallway. I am so so so so so soooo super excited about this!! Our current cabinets have been a disaster ever since I thought it would be a good idea to paint them. The paint color isn't awful, but we didn't know we were supposed to label the doors before we took them off so we only have 3 of the 6 doors back on because the others just won't fit. Yeah, I know, haha so funny that I'm a doofus. *eyeroll*

Apparently we're also going to painting the hallway, something I don't really want to do but Jack said he wants to. So I think we're going to go with a very light gray that will match the blues of the adjoining rooms, as well as the gray on the tile in the bathroom, and the frosted glass color of the new cabinet doors. Not sure how it will transition with that color from the kitchen, but hopefully it will be okay.

We're also going to finish putting the trim around the new windows we installed in the kitchen last summer, and then maybe (hopefully) I can convince Jack to help me build some built-in banquet seating in our little dining alcove. It would be a great way to add some more storage to our kitchen, and seeing as we only have four dining chairs and we use two on the sides of the table, it will give us more seating that isn't mismatched.

Then, I go back to work (yay- not really, but yay for more money! Seriously, YAY!). That's about as far as I got with all my fun, upcoming things. But Jack's birthday is the 15th of January so I'll have to start thinking about what I'm going to get him.

That's all for now. <3

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Share pics when you get the painting going. :)