Blogger tells me I've already used this as a post title, but I guess I'm just not creative enough to think of a different one.
Tommy had his 2 month shots today (although he is not quite 2 months yet). It was so heartbreaking. We were in the doctor's office waiting for the nurse to come in, and he was smiling at me and cooing and he had his first laugh! It was such a precious moment!
Then the nurse came in :( Poor kid didn't see it coming. I've never heard him scream the way he screamed in that room. Full blown panic attack and tears and choking on his crying, it was awful.
I nursed him a bit and he seemed much better but continued to cry for a bit. Then he slept, and slept, and slept!!
He woke up around 5:30 and started screaming and crying again. He nursed himself back to sleep but has been waking up and crying every so often since. I just feel so bad! I hope tomorrow he feels better but I think it will take awhile for him to be 100%.
I hope babies don't have very good memory... After the trauma of today, I'll probably never get a laugh from him again! And it is the sweetest thing ever so I hope that's not the case.
My dad is over helping us get the living room prepped and painted. Jack is so OCD about mudding I feel like we're never going to get paint on the walls! My sister was nice enough to come over and help me with paint colors. I'm color-challenged or something because I suck at picking wall colors. We finally decided on the colors. Jack insists on painting the trim but I would rather leave it white. I'm not a huge fan of the color we picked for the trim. I'm sure it iwll all come together and look good once everything is done though.
I can't believe Christmas is THIS WEEK! Tomorrow is going to go by fast since I'm going to have to keep Tommy out of the house (I don't want him in there while they're painting and sanding and everything), and then it's Christmas Eve! We're having dinner at Aaron & Laurel's house and then Christmas morning we'll spend just our little family and then go to Karen's house for a brunch and head to her grandma's house for dinner after gift exchanges etc.,
It's going to be so much fun! :)
posted @
No comments:
Post a Comment