Some days are not good days. For example, the other day Tommy cried for almost two hours straight. It was really rough. Laurel came over and helped out a bit and I was able to take a shower and get the kid out of the house, which of course put him to sleep almost immediately. Since then though, he has been pretty good. A few moments of fussiness but nothing too bad.
Today was a good day. I love days like today. Days like today make me feel like a good mom. When he sleeps and cuddles with mom happily. Then he starts crying and fussing a little after I change his diaper but I hold him and sing to him and he goes back to his little happy nap world. Then dad comes home and wakes him up lol
My parents are on their way- they're staying with my sister but they're going to be in Utah. Pretty miraculous since the flights were all sold out, but somehow they got on. I'm glad they did though, it will be nice to have the family all together for Christmas.
It's amazing how much the house has gone to crap in the past two or three days. Jack has all of next week off of work though (he had to use all his PTO before the year ended) so maybe I'll be able to get stuff done and he can get more practice (which is much needed in my opinion!) taking care of Tommy.
I went to church for the first time in 6 weeks! I only stayed for the sacrament meeting because I didn't want people being all up in the baby's face but it was nice and Tommy was really good the whole time- not like I doubted he would be. He usually sleeps during that time of day. I wonder what it will be like in January though when church starts at 1pm. He usually is much more awake by that time of day and wants to play and stuff. He'll probably cry through his whole blessing, sad. But you never know, maybe he won't.
I'm really excited for the coming up weeks. It's going to be so nice getting those cabinets up in the hallway! And we're going to be painting the living room too, which I'm also excited about but a little nervous about the colors. I suck at picking out colors and since this is our living room, where we spend 80% of the day, I want to make sure I get it right.
Well, not much else going on... Tommy has his shots on Tuesday! I'm very nervous about him getting the actual shots but excited for once he gets them. I won't be as paranoid about taking him out. Well, I probably will still be paranoid about it, but not AS paranoid haha.
Annyyywaaayyys, until my next post. Ciao.
posted @
1 comment:
Aww April, you are ALWAYS a good mom! It will be nice having your family around for Christmas! And just choose a color that you will like and be ok looking at for a long time. =)
Post a Comment