12.01.2009

I admit it

I'm a compulsive "e-mail checker". About 80% of my time spent online (which is A LOT of time) is spent checking my e-mail. I rarely get a new e-mail though. So you might wonder why it takes so much time. Well, my internet routine is pretty much this:

Check Gmail, check hotmail, check work e-mail, check yahoo, log in to facebook to see if there are new notifications (usually there isn't), bank my Sorority Life money, plurk, sometimes stop by thebump.com, repeat.

Plurk takes most of my time since people actually talk on there (I love plurk by the way. If you aren't on it sign up and let me know when you do so I can friend you :) ). The whole routine probably takes about 25 minutes to complete. Then when I get bored with the routine and plurk isn't as entertaining as it usually is I will read blogs and then write a blog update.

Right now I'm going to check my email again and then I will continue with this post :P

So let's see what's new... not much really. My diaper bag has been christened though lol Milk got spilt all over the inside because it leaked out of the bag where the bottles were. I'm surprised that it managed to go out of a bottle (my fault for not putting the cap on it), to the bottle bag, to the diaper bag but I guess that's just how it goes.

I still have no idea what I'm going to do for our baby announcements but I'll figure something out. My goal is to make them this week and have them sent out by next week. This includes the thank you cards since they're going to be going out together.

I'm procrastinating a bit because I should be baking a pie right now. There's this mom's meetup group I'm going to tonight in the Salt Lake area. I'm a little nervous since I won't know anyone there but I'm excited too. I decided I need a little me time and I want to meet new people. Hopefully, I'll get along with them. I'll probably be the youngest one there :/ But I guess I'm used to that by now.

Anyway, so it's a potluck dinner and I'm bringing pie. Except I decided to bring pumpkin pie, which takes liek 2 hours to make and the dinner is at 7 and it's already 3:30. So I should be making it right now but instead I haven't even takn a shower yet and I'm just sitting here. It's weird, I was totally excited to go to this dinner for the past few weeks but now that the day has come I feel strangely apathetic about it all.

Well, I guess I'll start with the shower, maybe it will wake me up (I still have my sleepy, tired eyes) and I will be more motivated to get all dolled up and go out ;)

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Hope you finished the pie in time, and had fun. Look forward to hearing how the group went. :)