Don't take the post title the wrong way, this isn't a form of punishment. It just seems in the past week, Thomas has gone from a cheerful, happy, giggly, playful, baby to one that screams, cries, throws a tantrum, and whines for NO REASON. *insert frustrated, tired mom sigh here*
So, today I tried something new and it seemed to work. I decided to call it "the baby time-out". As Thomas got more and more impossible to deal with I got more and more frustrated. So, even though it was quite some time away from his nap, I just said forget it, and put him in his crib with a bottle and a little blankie rattle, turned the light off and left the room.
He whined for a little bit like he usually does (like 5 minutes) and then went quiet. I finally got a break to eat something, rest my eyes, and clean around the house a little bit. He stayed in his crib for about 30-40 minutes (not sure if he slept or not but I don't think so because I heard him playing at one point) and then started crying again so I went in there and took him out. It's been about about 2 hours since his little alone time and he has been perfectly content!
Seriously, I am thinking this works. He didn't do his morning nap, but I really don't mind because he is so much happier right now. He ate some apples, we cleaned in the bedroom, and now he is tackling his activity mat like he usually does. I hope I'm on to something here! And I'm so glad I have my happy little guy back!
posted @
1 comment:
SOmetimes babies just get over stimulated and frustrated and THEY don't even know why... and yes, just giving them some time to calm down and regroup... and YOU too... can be extremely beneficial. Good for you!
Post a Comment