To preface this post, although I am a JetBlue employee, this is my own personal opinion, and does not reflect any statements released from JetBlue or anything like that.
I just have to say that I feel really bad for this guy! I am 99% sure that anyone who has a job in customer service has had a near-breaking point moment and wanted to do something similar to what he did. His actions took it a bit far, but i don't know the whole story.
Honestly, some people are just SO HORRIBLE to talk to. They act like they are completely entitled to everything, that you know nothing, and because they, like millions of other people, select your company they can treat you like a jerk and we will bend all of the rules for them. Who doesn't want to curse someone like that out? ugh.
The real issue here is how disrespectful people today are! If that lady had just complied with what is not JetBlue's policy, but FAA regulation there wouldn't have even been an incident. It's disgusting the way we as "customers" treat the people who are there to help us!
There have been some circumstances, I've talked to people who have been rude to me, and I have gotten defensive back, but I've never demanded that something be done, or said "You HAVE to do this for me!". The fact is, when you talk to someone on the phone, chances are, they can help you out with what you need, but if they can't, it's not because they don't like you, or because you need to ask a supervisor to do it, it's because it is the company's policy and they are protecting the company, the revenue of that company, and keeping it fair for everyone by denying your request. And guarantee you, if you are nice, understanding and pleasant about it, they will be much more inclined to try and find something to help you.
As a customer service agent, I plead with all of you to next time you talk to someone on the phone, or at the grocery store, to take a moment and be a little more courteous and friendly.
That is all!
posted @
No comments:
Post a Comment