We had a really fun time visiting Jack's family up there and I'm sure I will post about it later. But right now, I want to post about some other things...
Jack said before we can buy a house we need to pay off our cars, which makes sense to me although it's frustrating. So today I have been plotting things out and as long as we get a decent return on our taxes next year, we can have them paid off by April or May 2011. While my original goal was to pay them off by my birthday (in March) so we would have more time to save up for a down payment I suppose I can live with this.
The down payment saving up is going to suck because I want to move soon, but I guess we can do it if we are really careful about what we spend. If we sell our house, that would help a great deal but Jack wants to rent it out- something I'm not super eager to do, but it would be nice not to have to sell this house just yet.
So in the meantime, and to give myself an idea of how much we are going to need to save up I have been looking at houses. I have a very lengthy wish list that I know I won't be able to find everything but hey, i can dream right?
Anyway, this is my wish list for a new house not necessarily in any order:
- Master bedroom with walk-in closets and dual showers would be cool
- at least 3 additional bedrooms
- main bedrooms (preferably all, located on different floor as main floor)
- Formal dining room
- 2 car garage would be nice, 1 car okay
- big backyard-fenced, nice patio
- Living room space & TV/den area (I want like a sitting room for visiting, and a separate area for the TV)
- TV/Den fits our big sectional *that's a must
- Craft/Office room big enough for Jack and I to share and me to have a craft area and a work area for JetBlue
- Nice kitchen, doesn't have to be huge but definitely needs to be functional
- Lots of storage throughout the house
- Back door into backyard with a mud room
- Functional entryway (closet nearby or hooks for jackets, tiled entrance, etc.,)
- Hidden laundry room
- Climbable trees in the backyard (for kids, and hey maybe me too)
- No HOAs
- Built after 1980 (preferably 1990)
- efficient heating/cooling
- at least 2 bathrooms
I think that's pretty much it... lol I know, it's a lot, but that's what I want- what I think would be really cool. In addition to that, I love bay windows and sitting nooks and any addition of those to bedrooms or the living room would be an added plus. :)
It's fun to dream...
posted @
1 comment:
bay windows and sittings nooks are my favorite. My family had a few in their home in Virginia. My favorite place to sit.
Post a Comment