Because this word book is for a little boy, who likes to pull and chew on things, I decided to make it very elementary and skip all the cutesy ribbons, embellishments, and hidden tags. It was a hard decision to make but I figured it would be worse to put so much time and effort in to something that would be destroyed.
I didn't have any chipboard, so I made the book out of a Raisin Bran cereal box :) I also put layers of Mod Podge over the entire thing to make it more durable, semi water proof, and therefore drool proof and somewhat baby proof!
Here is the finished product (before attaching it into the album):








The back is really simple because most likely it will be stuck to the album page and nobody will ever see it!
It really was a fun project and I learned a lot about the different features my Pazzles can do! I am falling more in love with it every day!!!
Next time I attempt a book though, I will study the overlap of the letters more carefully, and use a capital I that has the crosses on the top and bottom because otherwise it is hard to differentiate.
I am planning on doing one with our last name and making it all cutesy and stuff to display on the shelf in our Living room. Really loving crafts, always have but now that I don't suck at them (as much as i used to) I am loving them more!

(one more quick picture of my work) Ta!
posted @
No comments:
Post a Comment