8.10.2010

When Baby's Grow Up

When Thomas was an itty bitty baby, every new discovery was exciting and fun!

The first time he discovered his reflection ,
the first time he discovered his toys .

And even the buckle on his car seat
(which he is still fascinated by, by the way).

Now however, as he gets older, his discoveries are getting more fun for him, and more work for me!  For example, in the past week he has "discovered" where mom keeps the nice china (in a cabinet he can access- yeah, I'm changing this STAT).
He has also "'discovered" that toilet paper spins on a fun little roll, and he can make it spin, and spin, and spin, until it's all on the floor!

He is getting more curious about the world around him, and taller every day!  His height helps him to reach the keychain that hangs off the hook on the wall (almost pulled the picture frame off the wall! Jack had to re-nail it).

He is still so much fun though.  He was entertained watching a street cleaner out the window for about 8 minutes straight today, just staring wide-eyed with his face pressed against the window.  He also caught an ant crawling on the floor haha.  And he is walking!

I wasn't able to get a very good video, apparently, he doesn't like to walk on command, but here is the best I could do:



Until next time!! <3

2 comments:

✩Molly✩ said...

Scarlett didn't walk until 15 months!! And she was a fat heavy baby! I was always sure she would never do the next thing.. never roll over, never crawl, never walk, but in her own time, she did everything, and was never technically "Delayed" just at the end of the "normal timeframe". So funny how each kid is so different.

Thanks for inviting me to your goal setting challenge. I have to confess I am terrified of spreadsheets AND math... so the idea of having to score myself every day does not seem feasible. But, I do think setting some goals might not be such a bad thing.

I also think it is commendable that you want to craft and scrapbook EVERY DAY! that seems like SUCH an undertaking! I never get a chance to do anything crafty anymore... I can see that happening, maybe Monthly even though it is something I truly enjoy :)

April JoAnne said...

Well to be honest, I already craft every day :) I just do it in between calls at work- or when someone goes off on a tangent and I'm half listening to them haha